- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the HighGround, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We may collect the following information: name, username, email address, password, phone number, birthdate. We may also automatically collect the following information about your use of our website through your domain name, your browser type and operating system, web pages you view, links you click, your IP address, device ID, length of time you visit our website, page views, and referring URL or webpage that let you to our website.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order, as discussed below. We also use your information to better understand how users access and use our website, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our website and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. However, we may disclose this information as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Services Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms and Conditions of Use or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which HighGround is involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
- Third Parties. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless we have obtained your consent to do so in advance.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
HighGround controls and operates the website from locations in the United States. By using the website, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your accounts and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browner or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into our website. This allows u to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identify, after you have logged in, as you move through our website.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Do Not Track Disclosures
We do not track our visitors over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. We are not aware of any third parties that track our visitors over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising.
Children Under 13
Our Sites are not designed or intended for use by children under 13 and we do not collect personal information from children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
Your California Privacy
A business subject to California Civil Code section 1798.83 is required to disclose to its California customers, upon request, the identity of any third parties to whom the business has disclosed personal information for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes within the previous calendar year, along with the type of personal information disclosed.
If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to: 363 W Erie St, Suite 500, Chicago IL 60654 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that under California law businesses are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year.