Now more than ever, your ability to attract and retain talented employees is key to gaining a competitive advantage in the marketplace. But enticing and keeping talented employees is about more than offering kegs and video games. It’s about appealing to their professional goals, fostering engagement and working directly with employees to build the foundation for a successful career.
3 Ways to Attract and Retain Talented Employees
Losing talented, high-performing personnel is a major concern for large enterprises. While it can be difficult to attract and retain talented employees, it’s not impossible. There are a few simple ways to keep your workforce from jumping ship:
- Collaborate with employees to establish career objectives. One of the biggest mistakes you can make is not letting employees set their own goals. No member of your organization wants to be told word-for-word what his or her career trajectory should look like. Instead, work with employees to lay out individual, agile goals and timelines for completion.
- Give employees a platform for submitting real-time feedback. Feedback is often a one-sided process, funneling down from managers to employees. But imagine this process in reverse. Some of the most successful companies give employees ownership of their own professional development. Create open channels of communication so employees can solicit feedback from their managers and peers in real-time.
- Making coaching a continuous effort. It’s not uncommon for companies to hire employees, train them for a few weeks or months and then assume their work is done. However, one thing that determines your ability to attract and retain talented employees is the long-term commitment you make to your employees. Coach them and track their progress, offering support and guidance when necessary. If your workforce feels like you’re invested in their careers, the chance they’ll stick around for the long haul increases.
Attract and Retain Talented Employees for the Long Haul
At HighGround, we know your capacity to attract and retain talented employees comes down to one major factor: employee engagement. So we created a tool that helps you do just that. Our robust performance management and employee engagement software fosters employee growth and development through:
- Real-time feedback
- Regular check-ins and coaching
- In-depth performance conversations
- Agile goal-setting
With our all-in-one employee engagement solution, you’ll never worry about how you’ll attract and retain talented employees again. To learn more about HighGround’s platform, contact us today.